The Resolution Group is a privately-owned investment firm that
- Has deep experience across financial services with a primary role as a sponsor of life insurance consolidation projects
- Partners with public and private market investors
- Focuses on risk management, cash flow and consolidation benefits
The Resolution Group has built two U.K. businesses that have served as trusted partners to insurance companies, acquiring their non-core life portfolios over the last decade. Resolution plc, a U.K. insurance company founded in 2003 was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005 and sold in 2008. In 2009, The Resolution Group sponsored Resolution Limited, which was also listed on the London Stock Exchange and became a U.K. life insurance consolidation group which is still operating today.
Between Resolution plc and Resolution Limited, The Resolution Group has acquired 139 UK life company brands.
In 2013, The Resolution Group entered the U.S. market with the launch of Resolution Life, a private specialist U.S. life insurance company. Resolution Life has announced its first transaction with Allstate Life Insurance Company, to acquire its Lincoln Benefit Life subsidiary.
2003 – 2008
2008 – present
2013 – present
The Resolution Group consists of 3 operating entities:
1. The Resolution Group
- Develops strategies and market opportunities for investors
2. Resolution Capital
- Forms investment vehicles, raises capital and manages investor relations
3. Resolution Operations
- Provides advice and management series to deliver project objectives
- FCA regulated in the UK